No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

the vlc interface (I'm at work right now so I'm going from memory).

Then, from the mediamvp file browser go to /mnt/store/links and select
the link you created to play.

That's all there is to it.  From what I understand if the mediamvp
see's the 'divx' extension it sends out the vod (video on demand)
commands through a telnet connection to vlc which causes vlc to select
the recording you linked to and transcodes the video and audio to an
mpeg stream.

I don't recall checking the cpu load while using the mediamvp, but I
did check while doing the same type of vlc streaming to my laptop.
With my 2.8 gig mythbox vlc was using 40-45 percent cpu .... not too
bad. (This works great streaming myth on my work computer via vpn ...
but don't tell anybody :-) )

The key here is to make sure your extension on the file link is 'divx'
even if the file you are linking to is mpg.  Otherwise, the mediamvp
tells vlc to stream the raw file and it doesn't do any transcoding.

Give it a try ... if you have any problems I'll be happy to help.

Barry