No subject

Mon Oct 30 22:48:16 UTC 2006

issues with 1366 horizontal resolution.

5) The 1080p sets I've looked at have a better picture
than the 1080i sets.  I expect that this is due to
features that have nothing to do with 1080p.  If
higher end monitors are all using 1080p then I'm
getting this benefit along with others (like better
scaling and video processing).

6) If 1080p ever becomes mainstream I'll have a set
that can handle it.

Con 1080p)

1) up to 20% more costly (although this buys more
features than just 1080p).

Seems to be that including interlaced video formats in
HD was a mistake.  It's not worth the trade-off to
propagate an archaic and somewhat flawed technology so
that there can be compatibility with old
interlaced/phosphor tube displays.