[mythtv-users] Best way to get rid of interlace

Chico Makani chicomakani at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 21:48:51 UTC 2006

I'm running a PVR-150 at 720x480 interlaced mpeg2 encoding.  Video
playback is either on a 19" TV (soon to be upgraded) or an seperate
computer with an LCD monitor.

When I upgrade my TV I'd like to capture and encode everything in
progressive format so that I never have to deal with interlacing issues.
Ideally, I'd like to perform the deinterlacing before the mpeg2 encoding.
Is there anyway to do this on the PVR-150?  Alternatively, I could
capture interlaced video then transcode to progressive but I don't see how
to do this in the transcode profiles (the only options are for
interlaced dct or motion comp.) Has anyone built a system optimized for
progressive encoding and display?  Thanks!