[mythtv-users] Automatically restart backend on failure? (Gentoo)

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 20:17:04 UTC 2006

On 10/31/06, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anybody know of a way to make mythbackend automatically restart if it
> crashes? I'm running Gentoo and myth 0.20 11607.

I too am a Gentoo user using a similar version (I use my own scripts/ebuilds
that take SVN snapshots and build from that).
As for backend crashes I have not attempted a solution as the backend
crashes too infrequently for me to worry . For me the backend crashes only
when I access the status page of mythweb and at that only like 1 out of 20
times. I was wondering if this also is the cause of your backend crashes?

John