[mythtv-users] Apple remote with ppc mythfrontend

Wade Maxfield mythtv at hotblack.co.nz
Tue Oct 31 04:23:22 UTC 2006

>Does anyone know if it possible to get the apple remote that comes
>with new intel macs to work with an existing G4 minimac.
>
>Once thats done, can it be used with the mythfrontend app?
>
>Any help much appreciated.
>
>Nick

I don't know if the G4 Mac Mini had an infrared receiver.  If it
didn't you can get this one and use the Apple remote with it.

http://twistedmelon.com/mira/hardware.html

If you are using the OS X 0.20 frontend then I'd hazard a guess and
say that Myth will just work with the remote without any tweaking on
your behalf (or at least it does on an intel Mac Mini running OS X
0.20 frontend).  If it doesn't recognise it straight away you could
try the Mira software from the same site.

  - Wade