[mythtv-users] ffmpeg avi -> mpeg conversion

nik gibson nik.gibson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 03:45:24 UTC 2006

Hello,

Does anyone have a viable ffmpeg command line to convert avi's  to mpeg so
they can be played with the  mythtv internal player?  I've been struggling
with ffmpeg's  seemingly  endless list of options  and I've been able to
convert a video, still have sound but the total time if completely off.

This is the command I've been using (I'm sure I'm doing something wrong):
ffmpeg -i "file.avi" -acodec ac3 -ab 224 -ar 48000 -ac 2 -vcodec mpeg2video
-b 3600 -maxrate 4500 -bufsize 224 -sameq -ss 0:6:50 -vframes 3000 "file.mpg
"

If anyone has a way they are doing the conversion while maintaining video
quality please let me know.

Thanks

-Nik-