[mythtv-users] mytharchive and interlaced files

Adam Hirsch mythtv at quakerporn.com
Mon Oct 30 18:58:37 UTC 2006

David Rudder (drig at noses.org) wrote:

> When I record these [interlaced] videos to DVD, using MythArchive, the
> interlaced files from my PVR come out double interlaced and look
> seriously headachy.  The [progressive] videos of my kids look great.

> Is there anyway to tell mytharchive to deinterlace my TV files but not
> my homevideo files?

I'm seeing the same issue on recordings from my PVR-250.  They look fine if
I play them back via mythtv, but if I burn them to a DVD using MythArchive
and play them on my DVD player, they look horrendously, weirdly
over-interlaced.

Anyone else seen this or know how it might be tweaked?

Adam

--
 If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect
 wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long