[mythtv-users] MythArchive file size oddness

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 30 18:21:45 UTC 2006

Bryan Bennetts wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I am selecting files to be burned in MythArchive on the screen that has
> the total size bar I've noticed an bit of an oddity.
>
> If, for example, I add four recordings at about 350 Meg each the bar jumps by
> 1400 Meg per recording, so the text goes red before I've actually chosen too
> much material for a single layer DVD.
>
> Is this a bug, or am I missing something?
>
> Cheers, Bryan.

It could be the files are not DVD compliant and need re-encoding so
MythArchive is automatically choosing the SP encoding profile for you.
If you look on the last page of the wizard you should see the Original
Size and New Size (estimated size after re-encoding). If you don't want
to re-encode the files just select 'Don't Re-encode' but if you do that
the DVD wont be fully DVD compliant and may not play properly on some
DVD players.

Paul H.