[mythtv-users] Myth + ubuntu + Via ME 6000 + hardware decoding

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Mon Oct 30 04:43:21 UTC 2006

Ian Macdonald wrote:
> I have a VIA me 6000 mini itx motherboard that I am trying to get working
> as a myth frontend box. The CPU isn't fast enough to decode an mpeg stream
> so I am trying to get the hardware mpeg decoding working that is built
> into the onboard CLE266 graphics card.
>
> I am running ubuntu edgy so I am running the standard packages for X and
> myth from edgy.

I do not know what is causing your problem. However, I have two suggestions.

First, if you have not already done so, then you might try sending the
mail to the openchrome <http://www.openchrome.org/> mailing list
<mailto:openchrome-users at openchrome.org>. The openchrome project
develops the VIA video drivers with XvMC support.

Second, if you are using the motherboard as a frontend only, then you
might try MiniMyth <http://linpvr.org>. It is designed to turn the VIA
EPIA ME6000 and other hardware into a diskless MythTV frontend. I use it
on a VIA EPIA ME6000 and a ASUS A8N-VM CSM. Of course, as a MiniMyth
developer, I am somewhat biased.