[mythtv-users] fc6 install problems

Richard Keech rkeech at redhat.com
Sat Oct 28 23:55:28 UTC 2006

guys,

I've encountered two dependency problems installing mythtv-suite on
fedora core 6.  While I managed to work around them, I'd like to know
what other people think because both workarounds are dirty hacks.

I'm using the atrpms and livna repos.

problem1:  transcode (a myth dependency) depends on libzso.so.1.  system
has liblzo.so.2 from lzo version 2. workaround:  rpm -ivh --force
http://dl.atrpms.net/all/lzo-1.08-2_2.fc5.at.i386.rpm.  This is a
package dependency, not a file dependency so simply putting the right
file in /usr/lib/ did not help.  mature resolution would be to fix
transcode to depend upon lzo version 2.

problem2: mythmusic depends on libmp4ff.  libm4ff is from faad2. faad2
installed is from livna.  This is a file dependency, so the workaround
is to put /usr/lib/libmp4ff.so.0 in place by
getting the file out of
http://dl.atrpms.net/all/faad2-2.0-6.fc6.at.i386.rpm. The
interependencies upon the livna faad2 mean that the atrpms faad2 cannot
replace the livna faad2. mature resolution would be to fix mythmusic to
depend upon libmp4v2 from livna.

--

Red Hat Home
www.redhat.com.au <http://www.redhat.com/>