[mythtv-users] Mythweb and .htaccess

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 17:45:09 UTC 2006

On 10/28/06, Matthias Meyer <Matthias.Meyer at gmx.li> wrote:

> Am Samstag 28 Oktober 2006 19:21 schrieb John Drescher:
> >
> > Did you try  Username: MythTV
> > Password mythtv
> >
> > As this is what you setup with this command:
> > htdigest -c /var/www/htdigest MythTV mythtv
> >
> > John
> Yes, I try it.
> But man htdigest say:
>        realm  The realm name to which the user name belongs.
>
>        username
>               The user name to create or
> update  in  passwdfile.  If  username
>               does  not  exist  is  this  file,  an entry is added. If it
> does
>               exist, the password is changed.

Do you have htdigest2 ? On gentoo this one worked the way the mythdocs said
it should work.

Check /var/www/htdigest to see if you have something like:

MythTV:2thLDwg.jd.j1gfds

where it is username then : then some cryptic string..

Is it possible to disable this htdigest authentication and access the
> web-page without authorization?

If you just want to disable this just comment out these four keys:
# AuthType           Digest
#   AuthName           "MythTV"
#   AuthUserFile       /var/www/htdigest
#   Require            valid-user
#   BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On

I do not recommend this if you are going to make this web page accessible to
the internet as if a webbot finds your page all your recordings will be
deleted when the bot follows the links on the page. Search for googlebot in
this mailing list.

John