[mythtv-users] New Theme: Leafers-wide

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 12:25:14 UTC 2006

Hmmm... like this one?  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Themes

About this new theme....

Sadly what follows is "great but..."

It's fantastic that you've taken the time out to make a new theme.
While MythTV isn't quite bereft of choice, new themes are welcome.

Now for the but...

I had a look at the screenshot and I was taken aback.  Wait!  I don't
have anything against the idea of the theme per-se, but I feel the
background image is far too bright & colourful - to the point where
the text and images are hard to make out without a lot of
concentration.

If I may suggest a few tweaks:

Turn down the saturation of the colours somewhat.
Decrease the image contrast and darken it a little.

Here's an example of what I mean:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.hornsby2/pg/leafers-wide.jpg

I split it down the middle so you can see the difference.  It's just
too bright otherwise, IMHO.

Anyway - keep up the good work - it's a very good starting point make
no mistake :)

Regards,
Justin.

--