[mythtv-users] Missed recordings

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 20:41:03 UTC 2006

On 10/27/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Your logs really don't show anything.  You may not be at a high enough
> verbosity level to see.  Regardless, have you tried recording something
> off this card outside of MythTV to be sure that the problem isn't with
> the hardware configuration before looking into a MythTV problem.

Thanks for looking over the logs.  The verbosity levels:
important,general,record,channel.

I have not tried to record from the card outside of MythTV, but I
immediately recorded from the card using MythTV upon discovering the
missed recordings.  Of course, the failure didn't happen.  It could be
an isolated, one-time thing, but that seems very unlikely.  The
desciptions of missed recordings in the archives, especially involving
DVB cards, seem so similar that I was hoping that the logs would show
that I had just upgraded with an unlucky SVN level.

I am focusing on the software here, because I have two other systems
with the same motherboard, same tuners, etc.  The differences between
systems is the software, so that made it the first place to look for
answers.

Thanks again for taking the time.

--
MM