[mythtv-users] Distro

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Oct 27 20:35:32 UTC 2006

On Oct 27, 2006, at 12:30 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> Wondering which distro is giving people the least frustrations. I
>> considered doing KoppMyth, but is this something I can easily change/
>> add to when required?
>>
>> Some background as to why I'm giving up on Fedora:
>> I was running FC4 for a long time with no problem until one day LVM
>> decided to trash my superblocks - yes, EVERY superblock on my disk.
>>

> Are you sure you don't have a hardware issue?  I had repeated
> filesystem
> problems with SUSE that I initially blamed on ReiserFS, but I later
> discovered my IDE controller was acting up.  Bad RAM can really ruin
> your day, too.

Quite sure. I've switched motherboards to an identical motherboard
and upgraded to a dual-core processor from my single-core one. The
only hardware issue it might have been is on the drive itself which
I've now replaced. I think I'm pretty set on going Debian at this
point so if it all works out, I think I can rule out those issues.
After all.. it's only TV. If I have to lose all my previous
recordings and set up all my recording schedules again, it won't be
the end of the world. :)