[mythtv-users] Filesizes screwy?

Professa Fresh professafresh at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 14:52:15 UTC 2006

I've got a couple shows recorded, and for some reason they're taking
up around 10 gigs per 30 minutes of recorded video, and this is after
transcoding...  I believe my settings are screwed up, but I want to
make sure it's not my capture card.  Currently I'm using a WinTV-GO
and dumping that video to a 120 GB XFS-formatted volume.  I haven't
tweaked any of the recording settings/profiles yet.

My theory is since it's a lousy tuner card, there's going to be extra
noise/artifacts recorded, which in turn mess with the video codec and
add bloat.  Is this theory correct?

I will soon be upgrading to a PVR150, since that does the MPEG2
encoding on-hardware will that cut down on filesizes?