[mythtv-users] Mult-system design

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Oct 27 13:37:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 04:37:57PM -0400, Rich West wrote:
> Believe it or not, with my installation (it's the only one I can go by),
> I've got 4 coax cables coming out of the head of the dish, and they each
> route directly to their respective STB in the house. :)
>
> The Myth box that I set up to test with has been in our bedroom.
> Because it sounds like a wind tunnel, I'm forced to shut it off before
> going to bed. :(

	Get an antec overture II case and an aftermarket cpu cooler.

	You can also play around with the current case config to make
sure it isn't doing something stupid like keeping all of the system
fans running at full speed all the time. I had that particuarl problem
with my overture case.

	An ultra microfly is also reasonably quiet. Shove it in a cabinet
somewhere and you won't even hear it. All that really needs to be visible
is the IR reciever for the remote.

	You can also tweak the current case with replacemnt PS and fan
but that would probably cost more than the new case.

[deletia]