[mythtv-users] power off and on frontend only with remote

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Fri Oct 27 07:21:40 UTC 2006

Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Leighton,
>
> Also, it appears that using the remote to wakeup again in 2.6.17 isn't
> working. Ubuntu 6.06 was using 2.6.15, and the remote was no trouble
> to wakeup with.  2.6.17 it appears to not work, even after fiddling
> with enabling USB1 in /proc/acpi/wakeup.
>
> What else did you fumble with?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mario

On 2.6.17 I found I needed to manually set the power state for the USB
controller. If you have a rummage in /sys you can find the relevant
stuff for usb1, e.g. "find /sys -name usb1". I think pretty much
anything this finds will be symlinked to the same device. In the "power"
directory, there's a file called "state", which you can use to set the
power state, e.g.:

echo 1 > /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/usb1/power/state

(I think "1" was the right state from memory). This ensures that the USB
controller is powered up enough during suspend-to-ram that it can
receive the wakeup signal from the remote.

As well as the above, I recall I also needed to unload the USB module
(uhci_hcd) too - if I recall correctly this was because it would reset
the power state of the USB controller to 0 on suspend.

Leighton