[mythtv-users] modify lircrc to increase repeat speed of up and down buttons on remote.

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Fri Oct 27 00:38:06 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, netw1z wrote:

> is there anyway to modify my .lircrc so that a hauppauge remote will
> repeat when you hold the button down? I would love to increase the speed
> up and down lists in the mythTV interface -- !

Sure, if the remote actually sends the signal continuously.  I've got a
sneaky way to test remotes: point it at a cheap webcam and turn the
lights out.  You can see the IR beam from the remote.  Quite cool.

But yeah, that would allow you to test if the remote is sending the
signal repeatedly instead of just once.

See "repeat" in:
http://www.lirc.org/html/configure.html#lircrc_format

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

The Tourist Engineer
Because nerds travel too.
http://engineer.openguides.org/

"We know there are known knowns: there are things we know we know.
 We also know there are known unknowns: that is to say we know
 there are things we know we don't know. But there are also unknown
 unknowns: the ones we don't know we don't know."
 - US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfield during a briefing on Iraq