[mythtv-users] hacked myth skin for softsqueeze

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:57:00 UTC 2006

> I'm now trying to sort a lircrc file for softsqueeze. the other main issue
> is that the screen does not scale, as it is fixed at 800x600, although it
> may be possible to create skins for different res screens.

Here's my Softsqueeze section from ~/.mythtv/lircrc:

### --
### SoftSqueeze IREXEC lirc setup
### --

begin
button = right
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key Right SoftSqueeze
end

begin
button = left
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key Left SoftSqueeze
#config = Key z SoftSqueeze
end

# menu navigate up
begin
button = up
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key Up SoftSqueeze
end

# menu navigate down
begin
button = down
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key Down SoftSqueeze
end

### Play button
begin
button = Enter
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key x SoftSqueeze
end

### Pause button
begin
button = Star
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key c SoftSqueeze
end

### Quit button
begin
button = LMB
prog = irxevent
repeat = 0
config = Key q SoftSqueeze
end

### Fwd button
begin
button =ChDown
prog = irxevent
config = Key b SoftSqueeze
end

### Rewind button
begin
button =ChUp
prog = irxevent
config = Key z SoftSqueeze
end

### Bring up remote UI
begin
button = Menu
prog = irxevent
config = Key ctrl-w SoftSqueeze
end

### Mute button
begin
button = Mute
prog = irxevent
config = Key m SoftSqueeze
end

### Now playing button
begin
button = Display
prog = irxevent
config = Key n SoftSqueeze
end

And I start up irxevent in ~/.xsession like this:

### Only start irxevent if there isn't one already running.
IRXEVENTSTS=`ps -e | grep irxevent | grep -v grep | wc -l | awk '{print $1}'`
if [ $IRXEVENTSTS -eq 0 ]
then
   irxevent /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc &
fi

Please share your setup details too and let us know where we can
download the jar file.

Regards,
Phill