[mythtv-users] [OT] DISH network lircd.conf with all buttons, discrete power, and 16 codes

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 26 01:33:15 UTC 2006

Back in April, Endaf Jones posted a lircd.conf and information about the
DISH network remote control command set (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/196566#196566 ).  I
finally got a chance to play with it (thanks to some motivation from
John-Paul Durrieu), "finalize" it, and switch over to using it.  It's
definitely the best config I've seen for DISH.  (So, thanks, Endaf.)

Attached is the (compressed) lircd.conf file for users of DISH network
receivers (at least those with the blue buttons, including the 2700,
4700, 49xx, 50xx and 31x series). The file contains definitions for
pretty much all the buttons, has discrete power signals (power_on and
power_off in addition to the power toggle), and has definitions for all
16 remote codes.

The config contains definitions for 17 remotes.  Sixteen of the remotes
are named "dish#" where the hash/pound/number sign ("#") is the code
number from 1 through 16.  There is also a remote called "dish" (without
a number), for users with only one receiver, that uses remote code 1
(DISH's default), just like "dish1".

If using the discrete power_on button, I recommend you do not include it
in a channel change script.  If the receiver is, in fact, off, it will
not receive/process additional commands after the "power_on" until it
has finished booting.  Therefore, if you do most of your recording
during primetime, you could set up a daily cron job to send a "power_on"
a few minutes before primetime begins.  (More frequent cron jobs
probably wouldn't hurt, either--like one at 27,57 minutes or
something--but I can't say for sure as I just started using the config.)

(I also forwarded a copy of the config file to the LIRC list for
inclusion in their "supported remote controls" section.  I took Endaf's
comment, "I should email this to the LIRC author to include in his
package," as permission to do so.   :)

Mike