[mythtv-users] "service lm_sensors start" - returns nothing

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 19:58:17 UTC 2006

> On 10/25/06, Trey Thompson <mythlisttrey at verustech.com> wrote:
> >

> > Is the line:
> >
> > 00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 SMBus Controller (rev 81)
>
> Yes, it is.  You need the i2c-piix4 driver.  This is a very late addition to
> the driver, though;  the ATI support didn't make it into the kernel tree
> until 2.6.18.
>
> Carl Fongheiser

Thanks Carl!
When I do a sensor-detect, it appears to know that, but still doesn't
find any.  I did verify that BIOS is showing fan speeds and temps for
some things, so I'm not sure what next.  Here's a snippet from my
sensors-detect:
"
We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
Do you want to probe now? (YES/no):
Probing for PCI bus adapters...
Use driver `i2c-piix4' for device 0000:00:14.0: ATI Technologies Inc ATI SMBus

We will now try to load each adapter module in turn.
"

It goes through a LOT of probing, and then says :
"
Sorry, no sensors were detected.
Either your sensors are not supported, or they are connected to an
I2C or SMBus adapter that is not supported. See doc/FAQ,
doc/lm_sensors-FAQ.html or http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ
(FAQ #4.24.3) for further information.
If you find out what chips are on your board, check
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for driver status."

I can post the full run of sensors-detect if that might help.

Again, thanks so much for your help.