[mythtv-users] yum failing - cannot find a valid baseurl

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Oct 25 19:37:25 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 12:50, Trey Thompson wrote:
> I started getting this yesterday after being out of town for 4 days:
> [root at mythtvbe conf]# yum install perl-Video-DVDRip
> Setting up Install Process
> Setting up repositories
> atrpms
> [1/5] atrpms                    100% |=========================|  951 B
>   00:00 core
>     [2/5] Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
>
> So, I searched the list, and google.  I disabled some of the repos so
> that I could get something else from atrpms.net, and that appeared to
> have worked fine.  But, I re-enabled everything, and I still get the
> same error above.
>
> I checked the file datestamps for the repos before I made any changes,
> and they were the original configs from the install a few months ago.

Your config is OK. Both the mirrors and repos are hosted by
fedora.redhat.com and since yesterday afternoon they've had a page up
saying they've been smoked by the Core 6 traffic. So you can't get to the
repos or the list of mirror sites to go look elsewhere. It seems that once
the core repo can't be reached yum just croaks.