[mythtv-users] yum failing - cannot find a valid baseurl

Trey Thompson treythompson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:50:54 UTC 2006

I started getting this yesterday after being out of town for 4 days:
[root at mythtvbe conf]# yum install perl-Video-DVDRip
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
atrpms                                                               [1/5]
atrpms                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
core                                                                 [2/5]
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core

So, I searched the list, and google.  I disabled some of the repos so
that I could get something else from atrpms.net, and that appeared to
have worked fine.  But, I re-enabled everything, and I still get the
same error above.

I checked the file datestamps for the repos before I made any changes,
and they were the original configs from the install a few months ago.