[mythtv-users] Picking a DVD dual layer burner

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Oct 25 18:40:02 UTC 2006

Jon Boehm wrote:
> Any suggestions on which DVD dual layer burner to pick or should I just pick
> one up ~free after rebate?

I've had good luck with Pioneer burners.  I had bought some el-cheapo burners
at home and they worked OK for a while, but then they started getting fussy
about the media they'd burn.  The Pioneer burners I've used at home and at work
haven't had those problems.

Their newest models handle DVD-R DL, too.  Maybe DVD-R DL will be a less
temperamental format than DVD+R DL has proven to be IME.

   _/_