[mythtv-users] Bad playback from 5200

Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Wed Oct 25 18:21:57 UTC 2006

Sync to VBlank is checked when I see this problem.  I wouldn't call it
blockiness, I work with digital videotape formats at work, D9 and DV,
and I see blockiness there, it literally turns portions of the screen
into small blocks with an average of what they contain.  I have full
information on the screen, no blocks, just horizontal bands are delayed
with respect to the rest of the screen.

jonny Linux wrote:

> On 10/25/06, *Mache Creeger* <mache at creeger.com
> <mailto:mache at creeger.com>> wrote:
>
>     I had the same problem.  The concept is called tearing and shows
>     up as blockiness during fast pans across the screen.  Some of my
>     efforts are documented on this listserv.
>

> I've found I can improve it by running nvidia-settings - go to the
> XVideo settings page and tick "Sync To VBlank" (I've ticked both of
> them). Then choose your display device.
>
> I'm using an S-Video cable to my TV.
>
> It really helps with my 5200.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jonny

www.DFWBlues.com
R&B, Soul & Blues Listings for Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex