[mythtv-users] my mceusb2 remote doesn't work in Mythtv

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 17:40:32 UTC 2006

> ~/.mythtv/lircrc should NOT be a directory - it should be a copy of ~/.lircrc

> I've put my lircrc file in /etc and set up symbolic links from ~/.lircrc
> and ~/.mythtv/lircrc to it so I only have to remember to edit one copy!!
>

> --
> Robin Gilks

Thanks Robin
ok so it took me about 3 hours to get over the whole lircrc is a file
not a directory. It was a real Homer moment I can tell you.
With the problem corrected the remote now works in myth.... I'm
surprised you didn't hear the whoops of joy!.
thanks again guys, this is another fine testiment to the great mythtv community.