[mythtv-users] Toggleing JobQueueMaxSimultaneousJobs

Chris Moewes-Bystrom chris.moewes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 03:09:51 UTC 2006

> No, it will not kill running jobs.  You will need to send a
> CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE event to get Myth to reread the setting from the DB
> if you change it, because Myth normally caches the settings
> table.

So you are not talking like
'kill -s CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE `cat CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE`
because that would be too easy ;) Do the perl bindings have the
ability to send the event handler that signal? Would it be possible to
add signals to the telnet interface? Sorry I'm only a perl guy or I
would try to figure it out.

> Right now I don't know of a way to do this from the command line, in the
> source code it is a call to RemoteSendMessage("CLEAR_SETTINGS_CACHE").
>
> Are you using 0.20, -fixes, or SVN head?  I've thought about adding a way
> to clear the settings cache from the command line before, but haven't
> done it yet.

I'm running rpm's (so my wife doesn't kill me for breaking things) but
looking at the code, I wonder if you could add it into the
housekeeping logic. It looks like that code must get called
periodically, if it is often enough you could create a
CLEAR_SETTING_CACHE tag and then set the last run date to the
appropriate time longEnough = 1 (housekeeper.cpp:48) and then let that
trigger it. It wouldn't be real time on demand but it would be
whatever the period of the housekeeping cycle is.

--
Christopher Moewes-Bystrom
www.moewes.com
chris.moewes at gmail.com