[mythtv-users] New PVR-150 / IR Blaster / Pioneer Voyager 3000 STB Questions

Cool Frood aaranya+mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:53:23 UTC 2006

On 10/24/06, netw1z <netw1z at mod.net> wrote:
> Has anyone gotten the IR Blaster that comes with the PVR-150 to work with
> The Time Warner Cable STB Pioneer Voyager 3000?
>
> I've ran the send_power script with the ir blaster against the box with no
> luck yet. I haven't been able to pull up a schematic of the box anywhere
> on the net yet.
>
> Has anyone successfully gotten this combo to work and have any tips?
>
> Thanks in advance

Have you reached the stage where you can at least get the red LED to
light up when the signal is sent to it?

I had a hard time getting the thing configured for my Cablevision
Scientific Atlanta.  As it turned out at the end, it is *very*
important to have the IR receiver of the cable box to be very close to
the LED of the blaster.  Even if you're off by a couple of cm, the
cable box will not be able to get the signal because the LED is not
IR, it's just a visible red LED.

> JT!

-Akshat