[mythtv-users] my mceusb2 remote doesn't work in Mythtv

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 19:18:05 UTC 2006

[snip]

> Do you have the lircrc file properly configured?

I used the lircrc.native.example.mceusb2 which was copied to  ~/.lircrc
and copied lircd.conf.mceusb for lircd.conf

this enabled the irw program to correctly report the key presses on
the remote to the terminal.
also lirc service is running and has been configured to run at startup
As far as i can tell from the docs. this should mean that mythtv
should respond to my remote but it doesn't and I don't know what I've
got wrong.
Mal