[mythtv-users] Large files burned with mytharchive

Mario Limonciello mario.mailing at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 18:16:50 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have been running into some issues lately with MythArchive.  I can't
seem to burn very large shows directly to DVD in native format.  If I
try to burn something on the order of 4GB to a DVD with MythArchive,
mkisofs indicates something along these lines:

INFO:	UTF-8 character encoding detected by locale settings.
	Assuming UTF-8 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
	use -input-charset to override.
mkisofs: Value too large for defined data type. File /opt/work/DVD
Burning/work/Lost/5051_20061011200000.mpg is too large - ignoring
Total translation table size: 0
Total rockridge attributes bytes: 577
Total directory bytes: 2048
Path table size(bytes): 22
Max brk space used 0
346 extents written (0 MB)

The show in question (LOST) is actually 4.1 GB, so it should be able to
fit fine on the DVD.  If I try via nautilus cd-burner or gnomebaker the
results are the same.  For posterity's sake, I also grabbed a copy of
NeroLinux, and tried it.  It actually burns through the entire DVD,
however the resulting file is only accessible for the first 3.6MB.

Does anyone have some ideas what else can be done here to get larger
shows to burn in native format?