[mythtv-users] nuvexport ffmpeg "floating point exception"

Robert Anderson riznob at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 17:37:26 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Giacomo Shimmings <giacomo_shimmings at hotmail.com> wrote:

> You were right Neil, as soon as I downgraded from the latest Atrpms
> Mplayer:
>

> mplayer-1.0-56_r19856.fc4.at.i386.rpm
>

> to:
>

> mplayer-1.0-54_pre8.fc4.at.i386.rpm
>

> Nuvexport started working for me using ffmpeg.
>

> I tried each of the packages in Atrpms here:
>

> http://atrpms.net/dist/fc4/mplayer/
>

> Until I found one that worked. I did this by
>

> rpm -e --nodeps mplayer
>
> yum install mplayer-1.0-54_pre8.fc4.at
>     (or any mplayer version, but this one started encoding)
>
> --> Currently encoding at 16-18 frames a second!
>
> Now a bigger question, do I upgrade my Myth to the 0.20-136.fc4.at that
> Yum is offering me and risk preventing Nuvexport from working again...
>

> Giacomo
>

> www.giacomorilla.com
>

> www.scavengerhunt.org.uk

Nice work!!! I have been looking for a way to solve the same issue for
weeks. Downgrading mplayer to the version you recommended resolved the
issues and I am now able to use nuvexport and even myth2ipod.

As for your "bigger question"... After I got nuvexport working, I went ahead
and upgraded MythTV to 0.20-136.fc4.at. Everything seems to be working well.

I hope this helps.

--
Rob Anderson
riznob at gmail.com