[mythtv-users] MythWeather

William Munson wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Oct 24 15:57:44 UTC 2006

Rich West wrote:
> Where in the world does it get its weather data from?  I mean, it
> couldn't be more off for me.. :(
>
> Now that I tackled the big problem with getting the remote to work, I
> started getting everything else squared away.  My wife immediately
> complained about the "current conditions" summary page being totally
> inaccurate (radar is about right, I would guess).
>
> For example, right now, it is saying that it is 54 degrees and partly
> cloudy.  That is UP 3 degrees from earlier, and it is 11:15pm at night.
> I checked the weather.com site, and it is saying (for my area, that the
> current conditions are 46 Degrees and Cloudy).
>
> Is there some log, some where, that can tell me what might be going on
> (eg: if it is getting an error or encountering some other problem along
> the way)?

Mythweather is broken and worthless right now. The API deliberately
generates garbage as yahoo does not want us to use it. . If you are
running 0.20 or later you can use the mythweather-revamp branch of SVN.
At least for people in the USA it works very well. Just remember to
remove any weather-ui.xml files from your themes before trying to run it
otherwise it will crash silently.

Works great here in NY.