[mythtv-users] Will moving to DDR-400 memory from DDR-333 improve performance?

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Tue Oct 24 08:18:11 UTC 2006

Jason wrote:
> I run LFS, so my distro is cut down to the bare minimum, but my backend
> on .20 is using 42 megs of ram and mysql is using 96. Out of 512 megs of
> RAM, I have over 256 free on a box that has been up and running like mad
> for almost a month with 3 tuners active.
>
> My frontend is using 200 megs (512 again, 52 megs free) but was playing
> mp3s running goom at the time. It's  also been up for over a month.
> I've actually found .20 to be the most stable myth I've ever run.

I'd like to see your specs and compile settings, if possible.

I'm running a FE/BE on LFS with 512 of system memory, and it always hits
the swap.  I'm guessing that it's due to the BE being on the same
machine, but being able to tune it even more is always a good thing
since the extra CPU needed by .20 is keeping me from doing the update
from .19-fixes.

Has anyone even done a writeup on Myth on an LFS machine?  A quick
google turns up nada.