[mythtv-users] MythWeather

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Tue Oct 24 05:49:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, October 24, 2006 05:18, Rich West wrote:
> Where in the world does it get its weather data from?  I mean, it
> couldn't be more off for me.. :(
>
> Now that I tackled the big problem with getting the remote to work, I
> started getting everything else squared away.  My wife immediately
> complained about the "current conditions" summary page being totally
> inaccurate (radar is about right, I would guess).
>
> For example, right now, it is saying that it is 54 degrees and partly
> cloudy.  That is UP 3 degrees from earlier, and it is 11:15pm at night.
> I checked the weather.com site, and it is saying (for my area, that the
> current conditions are 46 Degrees and Cloudy).
>
> Is there some log, some where, that can tell me what might be going on
> (eg: if it is getting an error or encountering some other problem along
> the way)?

There are known issues with MythWeather, mainly in the updating part...

There have been many complaints, but no developer has taken it upon
himself to change this yet. There is work being done to make MW modular,
so the actual web parser can be independent from the display interface,
and that should help, as you then only need the right parser for your
desired weather source. until then, you're just as screwed as any one of
us...

(PS: If I had the time, I'd love to tweak with the MW parser code, but I
need 36 hours in a day as it is, so alas...)

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250