[mythtv-users] audio video sync issue with 720p after upgrading to 0.20

Inor Kuo inorkuo at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 23 20:12:30 UTC 2006

I have had myth running on fc5 for a few months now using jarod's guide, but
after upgrading to 0.20 I have been having issues playing back recordings
from ABC.  All my recordings from other hd channels play back fine.  I have
an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ running my frontend/backend
machine.  The processor usage goes as high as 65% usage when playing back
the troubled recordings.  When played back using xine, the cpu goes up to
40% and the audio and video stay in sync.  When I play back recordings from
other hd channels, things run smoothly and the processor goes as high as
85%.

Is there something in xorg.conf that I'm supposed to be doing?  I'm using
atrpm's nvidia driver 8774.  I've tried playing with the nvidia x server
settings but to no avail.  I tried to upgrade to nvidia's newest driver 8776
but X kept crashing so I went back to atrpm's 8774.

At one point I changed my decoder to xvmc and the audio/video synced up for
a while, but in trying to get nuvexport to work, I downgraded mplayer and it
went out of sync again.  After failing to get nuvexport working.  I upgraded
back to the most current mplayer but the abc recordings were still out of
sync.  I keep upgrading every time atrpms has a new version of myth
available hoping that it will fix itself.

I have a frontend only machine with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor
3800+ and it has no trouble playing back the same recordings.  I currently
watch abc recordings on the frontend only machine or I use xine on the fe/be
machine.  At this point I don't know what to do except format my hard drive
and reinstall everything.  If anyone has any ideas I would be extremely
grateful