[mythtv-users] Lots of upcoming "Not Listed" programs

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 18:54:24 UTC 2006

On 23/10/06, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/10/06, Peter Dash <peter.dash at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As far as I can tell this is new in 0.20. Basically anything that you
> > schedule as 'record in this timeslot each week' (or day) that isn't
> > actually on for that week (or day) will show as 'not listed'. I've
> > mostly gotten around it by changing the schedules to 'find and record
> > one showing each week' (or day).
> >
> > Unfortunately freeview can makes the results of this a bit hard to
> > predict because of the way BBC3 & 4 tend to show episodes of some
> > programmes like Robin Hood one week ahead of BBC1 & 2. I've found that
> > I'm having to do a bit more manual tweaking of the recording schedules
> > to make sure I don't catch the wrong episode and might just go back to
> > old way and put up with all the 'not listed' entries in the upcoming
> > recording screen - at least for these shows anyway.
> >

> I use "Record anytime on this channel', since that seems least likely
> to miss a recording.  Duplicate detection generally works, though I
> sometimes get two copies of each episode. It seems that the BBC
> generally gives the initial showing different details from the first
> repeat.  Subsequent repeats do however get correctly recognised and
> are not recorded.  Changing duplicate detection to work on description
> only fixed this in at least one case, but I don't usually bother.
> Works well for reruns of old stuff that I 'm still catching up on (
> Simpsons, King of the Hill), that tend to get shown at odd times.

I'm finding myself creating (and replacing existing rules with) more
and more custom power rules to cover most/all eventualities with such
differences in the RT data - some showing of a series will have the
subtitle in the titles, others separately. Some series will have the
episode number in the subtitle, others will not, so basic
subtitle/description matching does not work.

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/