[mythtv-users] Mytharchive error - "Failed while running png2yuv"

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Oct 23 17:32:48 UTC 2006

A JM wrote:
> Since it appears no one has directly seen the error can anyone tell me
> what the file "temp.m2v" is used for on the DVD? background image or
> something?
>
> Thanks,

It's the video part of the menu which is muxed together with one of the
audio sound tracks to produce the final menu - it could be the main
menu, chapter menu or the details page they are all created the same way.

> On 10/22/06, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From what I can tell the file "temp.m2v" is not being created in the
>> directory /work which I guess would cause the error. Anyone have any
>> ideas on how to fix this? I'm running 11602 svn on a FC4 box, thanks.
>>
>> 2006-10-22 10:19:04 ERROR: Failed while running png2yuv - png2yuv -n
>> 449 -v0 -I p -f 29.97 -j
>> '/video/recordings/temp/work/background-1.png' | mpeg2enc -b 5000 -a 2
>> -v 1 -f 8 -o '/video/recordings/temp/work/temp.m2v'

Have you tried to run that command on the command line? What error do
you get? Are both png2yuv and mpeg2enc in the PATH of the user that runs
mythfrontend? If not add the full path to them on the MythArchive
settings pages.

Paul H.