[mythtv-users] zap2it guide data wrong in myth, correct in zap2it site?

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Mon Oct 23 14:13:57 UTC 2006

On 10/19/06, Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> This Sunday, NBC is doing a 'Heroes Marathon', three episodes in a row.
> On the zap2it website this is listed correctly, but in mythtv these
> don't show up at all, it only shows the episode on Monday.
> Is there something wrong with my config, or is zap2it screwing up?

i went through the exact same  process for that. I saw an ad for the
marathon, looked at myth, and was confused to see that myth didn't tag
it to record. I looked at the schedule and saw Friday Night Lights. I
then looked on zap2it and saw that it was there. That's when it
clicked that schedules only update at the 2-week mark and the 1-day
mark. I did a forced update because I wanted to make sure i didn't
have any conflicts.

I wouldn't worry about it typically. Most schedules are set a couple
weeks in advance and don't change, and if you have your recording
priorities set up right, things will work themselves out when the
schedules do change.