[mythtv-users] jobs queuing, not running

jack snodgrass mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 14:01:58 UTC 2006

On 10/23/06, Jens Baumeister <jens.baumeister at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On 10/23/06, jack snodgrass <mrlinuxgroups at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My jobs, mythcomflag, transcode, user job#1, user job#2, etc
> > all just queue.
> [...]
> > what am I missing?
>
> You have to allow the backend to run the jobs in mythtv-setup. (It's
> best to stop mythbackend before running mythtv-setup.)
>
> Jens

on my server where I'm running
I have it setup so that it points to my 'master backend' and it has
all of the allow X jobs checked. I've told it do allow for 3 simultaenous
jobs from 00:00 - 23:59. I re-started mythbackend on the master
backend and started my mythjobqueue on the new box after I ran
mythtv-setup on that server and enabled the jobs.

... could it be that in my backend logs... I see entries like
fw.private.net (fully
quallified names and in my database for the 4 user jobs and the mythcommflag
and mythtranscode... for the backend, all I have is amd ( not a fully quallified
namd ) is myth looking for amd.private.net and not just amd?

jack