[mythtv-users] Mythfill and Log entry's...???

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Mon Oct 23 12:11:31 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 4:50 am, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> >  Maybe, if
> >the currently captured values cannot be corrected, the status could be
> >changed to show the values from the log instead?

Sorry to reply to the same message twice, but I did a bit of playing around
and came up with:

select l.logdate,l.message from mythlog l left outer join settings s on
left(l.logdate,10) = left(s.data,10) where l.module = 'mythfilldatabase' and
s.value = 'mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd';

which returns the last start/end times for mythfilldatabase (as long as it
doesn't span a day and you don't run multiple times a day).  Obviously, this
could be refined for people with multiple lineups.

> IMHO, if the difference between start time and end time were really
> useful, we should be displaying that, instead.  However, I don't see it
> being a useful statistic--there are far too many factors that can affect
> it.  But, if it makes people happy, I'd be happy to not write a patch
> (and leave it as is).

Do you still think this has no value at all?  I value your opinion since you
interact with so many users of diverse levels of experience with Myth.