Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Mon Oct 23 02:47:47 UTC 2006

> Well, there's replex ( http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html ),
> which is made to do exactly that, but it's likely to cause A/V sync
> issues with PVR-x50/PVR-500 recordings, which is why the "lossless"
> MPEG-2 to MPEG-2 transcoder was added to 0.20.  I don't know if it will
> work with a TS, but it's worth a try (just make sure you tell Myth not
> to delete the old recording after transcoding)

How would I go about using the built in transcoder.  The problem is if I
try to play these files mythtv just crashes so I can't scheadule
transcode while watching.

Also can the pvr-350/500's encode into ts or do they just encode into
ps.  If I try playing the files in mplayer it says no TS frames found.
Also convert says the something similar.  What I think happened is the
mpeg2 video would dumped in ps format but the initial header says the
format is in ts format.  Where would be the best place to learn the
format of the video headers?

Thanks