[mythtv-users] Kernel Configuration is invalid

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 01:43:33 UTC 2006

On 23/10/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:
> Whenever I try to compile LIRC I just get an error saying "Kernel
> Configuration is invalid"
>
> Am I missing something here....I heard LIRC was supposed to be easy to
> compile?

You need your kernel sources installed correctly. Please check the
lirc -list archives
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/lirc-list (this isn't a
MythTV question).

The Act200L unit should be supported with the lirc_sir kernel module -
is this already installed on your system? Does 'modprobe lirc_sir'
produce any useful output in your syslog?

Nick

--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/