[mythtv-users] Record After

Chris J. Friesen Darth_Sebulba05 at phreaker.net
Sun Oct 22 21:26:09 UTC 2006

---
Reply to Michael T. Dean @ Sunday October 22, 2006. 03:47:42 PM -0400:

+ On 10/22/06 11:15, Chris J. Friesen wrote:
+
+ >  I've got a problem that I'm not sure of how to debug.  For some reason, the
+ >"record after" time isn't being recorded.
+ >
+ >  In all of my tests, there aren't recordings after, so the amount of time I
+ >put in there should be getting recorded.  The "record before" time is getting
+ >recorded, so I don't know what's going on.
+ >
+
+ By design.
+
+ You need to put the number of minutes to start early/end late in the
+ recording rules.  The time you're setting, in global options (the one
+ specified in seconds), is only there to allow start up/shut down of
+ capture cards, as described in the setting's help text.
+
+ Time to record before start of show (in seconds)
+ This global setting allows the recorder to start before the scheduled
+ start time. It does not affect the scheduler. It is ignored when two
+ shows have been scheduled without enough time in between.
+
+ Time to record past end of show (in seconds)
+ This global setting allows the recorder to record beyond the scheduled
+ end time. It does not affect the scheduler. It is ignored when two shows
+ have been scheduled without enough time in between.

If I put 0 into the "before start" and 60 into the "after end" options, when
I make a one minute manual schedule, shouldn't I end up with a two minute
recording?

Instead, I only end up with one minute, the actual scheduled amount.  There
aren't any other schedules even remotely close to conflict, it just seems to
be ignoring the "record after" time.

Chris
--
Website: http://darthsebulba.is-a-geek.org/