[mythtv-users] What decides channel order?

Will egroups at klubbing.com
Sun Oct 22 18:28:06 UTC 2006

Dag Nygren wrote:
> On Saturday 21 January 2006 23:58, Brad Fuller wrote:
>> Dag Nygren wrote:
>>> My channels are not random, but always stays the same.
>>> But even if I chose "numerical order" going down from channel
>>> 3 gives me 3,2,15(!),1.
>> maybe you are really in database order. Which table is used for changing
>> channels?  The "channel" table?
>> If so, you could look in there and see if indeed the order is 3,2,15,1
>
> Thanks Brad, but chacked and no. Even the order in the database is 1,2,3.

I don't know if you are still having this issue but I have just had the
same problem following a reinstall. The reason is that at least one of
your channels is not numerical.

All channels need to have a number to be able to sort numerically. If
any of the channel numbers have letters in, then Myth will resort to
sorting them by letter. This information is valid for 0.19 + fixes; I
haven't upgraded yet so I don't know if this has changed with 0.20.

Regards,

Will