[mythtv-users] Toggle AC3 passthru without using mythtv setup menu

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 01:28:58 UTC 2006

On 10/21/06, Paul Robertson <paulrobertson at swbell.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to toggle AC3 passthru on and off while watching live or
> recorded HDTV programs in mythtv without going into the setup menus.  I have
> my SBLive24 analog output wired to the TV and the digital output to my 5.1
> surround system.

Not really what you are after, but...

Turning on "time stretch" automatically disables AC3 passthrough.  You
could go up or down one notch (95% or 105% of normal speed), and Myth
will switch to software decoded AC3.

You may want to look at the code, and see how this works.  It should
give you a clue how to approach the problem if you want to try and
modify the code.

John