[mythtv-users] Sound

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Sat Oct 21 17:12:47 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 20:28, Sergio J Ruiz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>   I have a problem I don't know how to solve. I have a Hauppage 150, and
> the sound is just terrible. I'm connecting the Dish Network box to the
> Composite Input and the sound to the sound input in the Hauppauge 150
> card, but the sound is extremely noisy.
>
>   I have disabled the KDE  sound server, following the instruction from
> www.wilsonet.com, and I have installed the lastest ALSA drivers.
>
>   I though that maybe it was a problem with the playback, but when I
> make a recording, and transfer it to a DVD, the noise is there, and is
> really horrible, believe me.

This is a well known, long ignored problem.
Run "ivtvctl -q 1" to fix the sound. You will have to do that after every
channel change (add it to the channel_change script).
I run this command every 15 seconds from a script.

Also do not upgrade to ivtv-0.8.0, since ivtvctl does not support the -q
option any more, and I have not found another way to fix the sound yet.

For more info google "tinny audio 150".

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT