[mythtv-users] image of mythtv system

Jason fearthepenguin at jasonandjessi.com
Sat Oct 21 03:51:49 UTC 2006

You have three options off the top of my head.

First one,  just rsync the server every night.  I have a script you can
use on www.cyborgworkshop.org/projects.php

Second,   boot your myth box off a knoppix CD, enable the ssh server on
knoppix, tar up your drive (remember the p flag) and ship it over ssh to
a backup server.

Third, go to www.linuxfromscratch.org into the hints section and read
the "easy boot cd" hint. It will show you how to create a bootable cdrom
out of an already installed system.  Then you dont have to worry about
your drive crashing pretty much ever.

I  use the rsync method myself and just don't sync my media files.

Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,
only that you were there... and still on your feet