[mythtv-users] cannot schedule recordings any more

Carlos Puchol cpg at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 20 21:01:32 UTC 2006

fwiw, i figured out what happened here.

when machine B was setup, somehow it set the backend
in machine A's mythtv settings to the IP address of
machine B (!!) ... so things got out of whack.

i suspect machine B did it, because i do not recall even touching
machine A's settings.

reverting machine A's setup to have a master backed
of 127.0.0.1 made it possible again to schedule recordings.

that suggests that the setup of a remote front end may not be
right and needs fixing?

thanks!

-c