[mythtv-users] zap2it guide data wrong in myth, correct in zap2it site?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Oct 20 13:39:43 UTC 2006

Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> says:
> It's amazing what people will complain about even when they get a
> commercial-quality service (the same one TiVo users pay to get) for
> free.

[...]

> Remember, folks, it's just TV.  And, to put things in perspective,
> think about how much nicer we DataDirect users have it than users in
> the rest of the world.

Indeed. Let me repeat Michael's point, for those who've never had
TiVo: The service we get is *exactly the same* data feed from Tribune
Media Services that TiVo users get.

If you have a great idea for improving the service, ask DataDirect at
its Web forum. And don't whine, grumble, or complain if people throw
rocks at your idea here or there. Considering the free nature of the
data feed, that's not just good manners; it's common sense.