[mythtv-users] strange multiple backend problem

sandeep siroya siroya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 03:02:49 UTC 2006

Hi,
My mythtv was running fine with backend and frontend running on 1 machine.

I now brought a 2nd tuner card and inserted it into another machine. But
when I run mythtv-setup on this 2nd machine to configure it as slave
backend, after I enter the <ip-address> of the master backend on the
"Database configuration" page, when I go the "General", "Capture
Cards", "Video Sources" section, I see all the data of the
MasterBackend already present there.

I tried making some changes in there and then when I goto mythv-setup
on the Master Backend, the changes get reflected their too!

It seems both the backends are reading values from a same row in mysql.

I dont see any error messages on the terminal..
Will appreciate any help regarding this..

Thanks,
Sandeep